With the rise in technology, new electronic gadgets and devices are made every day. They make communicating easier and are convenient wherever one is. Among the most used tech items in today’s world are smartphones and tablets. While both almost always serve the same purpose, some users prefer using tablets over phones. Tablets have bigger screens, thus giving them an advantage over phones. Folks who are constantly watching movies, playing games or reading prefer owning tablets compared to phones.
Different brands of Android tablets have different specs and features. Some tablets are more useful than others depending on an individual’s preference. Tablets in the market include Samsung, Lenovo, Huawei, Xiaomi, LG, and Asus. The latest Samsung tablet is Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. The 237.3 x 169 x 6mm tab weighs 429 grams. It has a big 9.7-inch screen, which makes it easier for one to view even at an arm’s length distance. The battery is 6,000mAh. This is a good thing as users can go for hours without charging. The tablet is beautifully designed with an outstanding HDR-ready display. The processor is fast and the 32GB ram come in handy for those who love storing bulk files in their devices.
Common Samsung tablets include the Galaxy Book 12”. The tab also doubles up as a PC. The Galaxy Tab 8” is smaller than the Galaxy Book but has a wider screen than other tabs. Samsung also makes tabs for children. These are kid friendly and have the KitKat OS. The kids’ tablet is good for those who have young ones and are having a hard time on what to get them. They are amazing for streaming media. Tablets are excellent for video calls. The wide screen enables one to clearly see the person on the other end without having to tilt the gadget to a certain angle.
HOW ANDROID TABLETS HELP IN EVERYDAY LIFE
– Tablets can be used as GPS navigation devices. With Google maps, you can set your address, and the tablet will help you navigate and get to your destination.
– Tablets are sources of information too. With your WiFi or data on, you can receive news alerts from your favorite news sites. This is good as you don’t have to wait for Primetime to watch TV.
– For students, Android tablets are a life saver as one can note down essays or save notes.
– Tablets are helpful to everyone when attending conferences and seminars as they help one follow through with either the presentation or note-taking.
– People love making memories. The tablet has helped people achieve this, as one can take photos, record audios and videos with the camera.
– A lot of people who get busy with their daily work, but want to advance their studies use tablets for their online learning. It being portable is an advantage as one can read from anywhere.
Many may not know this, but you can make free calls through your android tablet. Once you download and install the Alexa App from Google Play, you’ll be required to verify your cell number then import contacts. You can then make the video call by tapping your contact’s number through the contact section of the app. It’s important to note that both the caller and the one receiving need to have installed the Alexa app for the call to go through. The other option is by using Facebook Messenger. Since almost every tablet owner is on Facebook, this is not difficult once one logs in.